If you’ve just adopted an orange cat, congratulations! This list of Orange Cat Names is designed to help you find the perfect names for your little ginger-colored feline. Choosing the perfect names can be difficult, so we’ve created this list of good names for orange cats to help you find the right one.
According to researchers at UC Berkeley, all orange cats are considered tabbies and about 80 percent of all orange tabbies are male. This list has unisex, as well as, orange male cat names and orange female cat names.
You might also be interested in seeing a list of tabby cat names, but for Orange Tabby Cat Names, this is the place!
Inspired by pumpkins, tigers, oranges, butterflies and, of course, Garfield and Heathcliff, this list of orange cat names is made just for you and your orange kitten.
Orange Cat Names
- Aalani (the color orange in Hawaiian)
- Arancione (the color orange in Italian)
- Butternut (squash)
- Candy Corn
- Carrot Top
- Cheyenne (which means red)
- Cheese puff
- Clementine (a type of orange fruit)
- Clockwork (as in A Clockwork Orange)
- Daidaiiro (the color orange in Japanese)
- Dalandan (the color orange in Filipino)
- Ernie (who was orange and had a yellow friend names Bert)
- Florida (where so many of our oranges come from)
- Garfield (needs no explanation of course)
- Heathcliff (you remember Heathcliff, right? Always up to no good)
- Hobbes (Calvin’s pal)
- Hooter (their uniforms are orange, after all)
- Karaka (the color orange in Maori)
- Katom (orange in Hebrew)
- Komala (orange in Bengali)
- Laranja (orange in Portuguese)
- Lucille Ball
- Monarch (an orange colored butterfly)
- Naranja (the color orange in Spanish)
- Oren (the color orange in Welsh)
- Persimmon (an orange fruit)
- Reese (as in Reese’s pieces-yum yum)
- Satsuma (a type of orange fruit)
- Scully (after the X-files red-headed character)
- Tigger (from Winnie the Pooh)
- Van Gogh (who was a redhead)
Please share these orange cat names with other cat lovers. Spread the fuzzy friskiness with cat-like reflexes! Every little bit helps!